Important information about us.
Licence status and conditions
Adelphi Financial Services Ltd (FSP770433), holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice.
Adelphi Home Loans Limited (FSP771214) is authorised by that licence to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the financial advice given
Adelphi Home Loans Limited provides advice to our clients about home loans and lending.
We provide financial advice about products from a range of providers. These providers are:
ANZ, ASAP Property Finance Specialists, ASB, Select Asset Finance, Avanti Finance, Basecorp Finance, BNZ, CFML Loans, Cressida Capital, First Mortgage Trust, Liberty Financial, Pepper Money, Resimac, SBS Bank, Select Home Loans, Southern Cross Partners, Sovereign, The Cooperative Bank and Westpac.
No fees, expenses or other amounts payable for our financial advice
We do not charge any fees, expenses or any other amounts for financial advice given to you.
Conflicts of interest and commissions or other incentives
For mortgages, Adelphi Home Loans Ltd and the financial adviser receive commissions from the lender with whom we arrange the mortgage. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the mortgage.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interest above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance consultancy firm.
Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of the financial advice you have received from us, you may contact us using any of the following means:
– in writing:
Adelphi Home Loans Ltd
P. O. Box 27234, Shirley, Christchurch, 8640
– by telephone: 0800 656 670
– by email: email@example.com
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
• We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
• We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
• We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
• If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited.
Dispute resolution process
If our internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
We are a member of the Financial Services Complaints Limited’s approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact the Financial Services Complaints Limited at:
Financial Services Complaints Limited
Level 4, Sybase House
101 Lambton Quay
Telephone: 0800 347 257 (freephone if within New Zealand) or +64 4 472 3725 (if calling outside New Zealand)
Postal: P O Box 5967, Wellington 6140
Adelphi Financial Services Limited, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
• give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t
materially influenced by our own interests
• exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
• meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct
for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed
to provide you with advice)
• meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional
Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we
should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
The Code of Conduct standards can be read here: https://www.fma.govt.nz/assets/assets/code-of-professional-conduct-for-financial-advice-services.pdf.
Adelphi Financial Services Ltd (FSP770433), trading as Adelphi Insurance Brokers Ltd and Adelphi Home Loans Ltd, is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Adelphi Home Loans Ltd
3/46 Acheron Drive
Postal: P.O. Box 27234, Shirley, Christchurch, 86400
Phone: 0800 656 670